Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Heart Goes Out to the People in Japan

I just wanted to say that my heart and prayers go out to the people of Japan. It is beyond comprehension what they must be going through. As a mother of two missionaries, who are away from home, naturally my heart goes out to those who have family members or friends who are in Japan right now. I pray that your loved ones are all safe. My heart ached for those families of missionaries serving there. I kept waiting to hear if they were safe. Early reports said that all missionaries outside of Sendai were safe, but all communications were down in Sendai and all road closed to try to get there. Then late last night the report came in that 64 of the 72 missionaries in that region had been heard from and were safe. My heart once again ached for the families of those 8 missionaries who still had not been heard from. This morning I awoke and am so happy to learn that the "Church leaders confirmed this morning that all missionaries from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints serving in Japan are safe and accounted for." I KNOW that ALL of these missionaries will be a huge blessing to this area and will work with ALL their might to help the people in this area. I hope that all your loved ones are safe and well today and my heart and prayers go out to you that are not blessed with that at this time. Big HUGS, Cheryl

10 comments:

  1. It is all so very scary...definitely a wake up call to appreciate the goodness in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi cheryl, my heart also goes out to the people of japan. i am thankful that the missionaries are okay. it's just such a tragic situation. i thank you for your concern about me as well. thank you for thinking of me and checking on me. big *hugs* steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl..completly echo all you said ther..My heart breaks for all those who are and will be sadly affected..
    I prayer for you and yours Take Care...Big ((hugs))) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, like you, have been on pins and needles waiting to hear the latest on the missionaries. What a relief to know they are all okay. The horrific things everyone is going through there are just unimaginable. Knowing the missionaries are all okay (including a close friend of ours)is such a relief, but at the same time my heart aches for everyone there. I feel so helpless. Thank goodness for the power of prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are very concerned here in Chile for all the people who are suffering j.It´s like reliving what many Chileans suffered one year ago.Thanks the God our coasts do not play hard.
    Our hearts and prayers are with the Japanese people

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too echo your comments ... prayers are what we can offer and will offer mine ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a touching post.. I have been watching all the reports on the news and it is so Unbelievable what they must be going through.. Our Thoughts and Prayers go out to all the peoople going through this over in Japan..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that all is well, I too have many Japanese friends there, I was busy trying to contact them via facebook to see if everyone is fine, whew.... thank God, they are all good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My six year old grandson and I were still up when the news came in about the Earthquake. Then it was so devastating to watch we did not turn off the television until after 3AM. It is so sad that all these natural disasters are happening. I visited Japan in 1983, 84, 85 and 86. It is sad to think of their loss, both physical and human. thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a horribly scary situation! My heart goes out to everyone!

    ReplyDelete