Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Pie Day or I Should Say Pi Day!!!

Happy Pi Day all! What is Pi day you ask? Well, it is a holiday that if not made up by was at least celebrated by my second daughter's pre-cal teacher many years ago when we lived in Houston. Genius! First of all genius to even be taking a pre-cal class...total genius to be a pre-cal teacher and totally genius to come up with or at least celebrate math...I mean what better way to get kids fired up about math than to ply them with pie! Why today? Think about the date for a second. Now, my younger children all waited with anticipation for their math teachers to celebrate as well. Awaited to no avail, I might add. Now my youngest daughter is a number loving as well as a pie loving person and insisted that we take matter into our own hands this year....sooooo at 3:14 this afternoon (no, I was not dedicated enough to get up at 3:14 am) we will be sitting down and enjoying a yummy piece of pie and celebrating pi!

**Soooooo...if the diameter of our pie is 9"...what is the circumference? The area? I have no idea...I'll have to go wake up my daughter and find out! haha! If you care to figure it out remember circumference=diameter times pi and area=pi times the radius(1/2 the diameter) squared.

In the event you would like to celebrate this holiday too...(I mean any excuse to eat pie, right?) here is the recipe again for my apple pie:



Have a sweet day!!
Hugs, Cheryl

12 comments:

  1. What a great day! Love the looks of the tummy pie! You made the recipe just as sweet! Happy Pi day! :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! That was supposed to be yummy! Not tummy! But for me it would be right to my tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pie looks so yummy.. Your recipe card is adorable.. Hope you have a wonderful day!!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a happy pi day to you! What a fun celebration. Any excuse to eat pie sounds good to me! :)
    Love your recipe cards. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good to me ... and your pie looks and sounds delicious!! Happy Pi (Pie) Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a FUN thing to do! That pie looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl, what a wonderful reason to celebrate! I love your pie recipe, Ilike the fact that you do not have to cover up the pie with another crust! Maybe I will just have to make a cobbler(my favorite pie) to celebrate pi day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That´s so funny my friend!
    That pie looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, got it now, my daughter was asking me to bake a pie for school today, now I know why! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work and that yummy pie! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cheryl...That pie looks so yummy(YUM YUM).. I love your recipe card... fabulous and adorable too..hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh YUM! You have made me SO hungry now, lol
    It's good to wander around here again!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks YUMMY!!Unfortunately, I'm totally off sweets right now! Boo!!!

    ReplyDelete