Monday, August 27, 2012

Just Want to Say "THANK YOU FOR THE RIDE!"

Hi All!  My latest checklist for the wedding is creating a photo book for my daughter and soon to be son-in-law to use as a sign in book.  As part of this I am using quotes about marriage.  In my hunt for quotes I ran across a quote that really touched my heart.  It is not about marriage, but about life.  As soon as I found it I knew I wanted to share it.  I hope it might touch you all as it did me:

 
“Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he’s been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to just be people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail journey…delays…sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling burst of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.”
― Gordon B. Hinckley
 
I am definitely saying THANK YOU to the LORD for letting me have the ride!!  Hugs, Cheryl


14 comments:

  1. This is one of my all-time favorite quotes. Thanks for sharing it today. Good luck on your final wedding preparations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful beautiful quote....thanks for sharing, Cheryl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful but true quote, Cheryl thanks for sharing! Look forward to seeing some of the things you are doing for the wedding! Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this quote! I might just need to include it in a scrapbook layout one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this, dear lady!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful quote. I love it.. Thanks so much for sharing it with us..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just got chills and tears in my eyes, Cheryl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely words ... thanks so much for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I do love that quote! Such a great way to sum things up and look at life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing Cheryl... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh, that is SO TRUE, i wish that was printed on EVERY marriage license!!! what an awesome find, thank you for sharing it with us, my friend! ♥♥♥

    (ps: hope the wedding prep is going well and that you are not TOO exhausted by having to get everything done so quickly! make sure someone is taking care of ♥YOU♥ too, missus!!!! xoxoxoxolb)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this quote! I hadn't heard it before. It's beautiful and true. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing with us this beautiful quote

    ReplyDelete