Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It's A Fabrication and Good-bye CCCB...Sniff!



Hi All!  I come today as hostess this week for City Crafter Challenge Blog with somewhat of a heavy heart.  I'm sad to say that I'm going to have to step down as a member of the CCCB DT for some time to allow myself some more time to work on a few family things.  Sniff!  Sniff!  I can't even begin to say what a WONDERFUL experience it has been to work with Kirsty and Linda and Ros!  THANK YOU ALL!!!  Now for the happier news...this week's challenge...the theme is "It's A Fabrication" and that's no lie.  Your challenge is to use fabric on your project.   I don't know about you, but I get almost giddy when I walk into a fabric store. I just LOVE all the pattern and color and texture. Using fabric on a project can add all those things to it and I'm super excited to see what you all create with it this week.  Now here is ever MORE HAPPY NEWS...CCCB has a new DT member...Charlene Cundy...so please go welcome her aboard!  Check out her work and the FABULOUS work of our Guest Designer,  Catherine and all our DT members!  For my project this week I made an ALL fabric creation.  I am making these little aprons for the servers at my daughter's wedding reception.  I will still be blogging some fun creations so you haven't completely gotten rid of me...just taking a little break from the DT.  Thanks ALL for your AMAZING SUPPORT!  HUGS, Cheryl

14 comments:

  1. Your apron is gorgeous!! I just know the wedding will be beautiful and I am looking forward to all the photos ... and looking forward to seeing you back at CCCB too! Keep safe ...♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW your apron is so cute!! Love all the ruffles!! I can't sew and admire people who do!! Thank you for the welcome Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your apron, Cheryl, what a cool idea for the wedding. I know you are having so much fun with preparations. As for your DT step down, I will miss your challenges, they were always so much fun, but I will be checking out your blog often! Have a wonderful Tuesday and yes I am sad to see you go. You are one of the reasons I play at CCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I serve at your daughter's wedding? :) The apron is darling. The servers will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my oh my, no wonder you are so busy, every server is going to get one of this, oh WOW, can I help out at the wedding? : )
    Now i haven't tell you how pretty is that little apron, great work Cheryl and wonderful fun theme for this week challenge.
    We are going to miss you dearly, please keep in touch and come back to us when you free up your time ok?
    We want to see and read about the big day, so try to keep us update on that.
    Last but not least, we enjoy working with you for the past years, and thank you very much for your contribution and inspiration. All the best in everything going on right now! We will missing you and looking forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your apron. so sorry to see you leaving CCCB. Your take on the challenge is always so wonderful. good luck with your future endeavors. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your apron is gorgeous. So sorry to hear this is your last contribution... But I wull be here and hop over on a regular base. Family comes first...always... Thank you for all the inspiration and your wonderful contributions at CCCB. I;ll keep in touch:)
    Hugs!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty apron you have created. I just love all the fun colors. I am going to miss you so much over at CCCB.. But you know I will still pop in here and see what you are creating and hopefully get to see your photos of the wedding.
    We hope to have you back at CCCB soon my friend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW WOW Cheryl...that is one pretty apron you have created!!! You are amazing!!! I just love all the fun colors. Its sad news...oh well.. its for the better... but i do hope you'd still creating though... coz you are one of the best out there... big hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheryl! This apron is so FABULOUS and cool!!!! I absolutely LOVE it!!!! You are so creative, girl!!!! I love fabric, too, and love what you did with it here!! TFS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. DARLING apron...I have a thing for aprons and well, I really don't cook or bake:)

    Take care!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww, what a gorgeous apron, Cheryl! I just love the bright patterns and colors and all those happy ruffles! You are so multi-talented, my friend! These are going to be sooooo fun at your daughter's wedding. :)
    It has been an absolute pleasure to see all your wonderful DT creations for CCCB! You did an amazing job each week. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a sweet apron Cheryl!
    This must have been a difficult decision.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  14. *SNIFF, SNIFF* indeed!!! it's just not going to be the same at CCCB, tho i'm sure miss charlene will be amazing, and the other ladies rock! but no MISS CHERYL??!?!?! hard to imagine missus!!!

    on the other hand, REAL LIFE is quite important, as well, and i know you have a wedding coming up and probably lots more going on in your lovely family! hope all will be well and proceed smoothly and that you'll be back in full action soon! ♥♥♥♥♥ lots and lots of love and all best wishes to you!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥

    ps: almost forgot to say that is the COOLEST APRON EVER!!!!!!!!!!! i would ALMOST be willing to learn to cook to get one o'those, lol!! but no... then it would get messy... can i be a "server" instead??!?!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete