I'm pretty much convinced that pleats make everything just a little bit prettier! That is why I decided to decorate this jar of homemade jam with these pleats made from GCD Studios paper. I am once again using their oh sooooo fabulous Joyful Peace collection. Here is a tutorial on how I decorated the jar lid with these pleats:
1. I used the Deck the Halls paper from the Joyful Peace collection.
2. I cut out the striped portion of the paper making two 1"x12" strips.
3. Just fold your paper to create pleats (the striped paper really helps make even pleats.
4. Take the ring from a mason jar
5. Glue the pleated paper around the ring
6. Tie with twine and embellish as you wish (I used a snowflake here cut with the Cricut using more of the Joyful Peace GCD Studios collection)
I hope you are able to use this tutorial to create some pretty pleats! *To add a little more oomph to the jar...I glued it on top of a wood candlestick holder spray painted black and I also added a wooden topper that was also painted black to the top of the lid. I also made a little card to go with the jam using papers from the Joyful Peace collection from GCD Studios. *by using autumn colored paper and say pumpkins instead of snowflakes you could easily make this for Thanksgiving, as well! Wouldn't some pumpkin butter be yummy?! Happy crafting and Happy Holidays!
“Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he’s been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to just be people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail journey…delays…sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling burst of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.” ― Gordon B. Hinckley