Tuesday, September 7, 2010

This One's For The Boys! *CCCB Challenge*


Our challenge this week at City Crafter Challenge Blog is brought to us by our hostess Ros and is "This One's For The Boys!. Your challenge is to create a masculine card using the colors in the inspiration photo. Both the challenge and photo can be found HERE at CCCB.
I do find it a real CHALLENGE to make masculine cards, but had fun with this...I think you will too, so I hope to see you there. The prize up for grabs is a GORGEOUS creation from Ros, herself. I made my card with my son in mind, who is a missionary for our church and I truly "Moose him soooooooooo much". I'm so proud of him and his service, though, and there really isn't anyplace I would rather have him be. I just received some fun pictures of him that I thought I would share. The sweet lady who sent them to me will never know how truly much they mean to me. Some of you who follow my blog may remember that back in June he was involved in a bit of a basketball mishap and lost his two front teeth. He had written and told me the dentist had patched him up, but I haven't seen any pictures since then and with my mother heart I have been a little worried this whole time that all was ok. Well, as you can see from these "corny" pictures sent to me by this sweet lady he stayed with all is well with those teeth.


If he can eat corn on the cob...it is all good. I just love how happy he looks. I knew he was, but it is just nice to see. Hope all is fabulous today in your life. Hugs, Cheryl

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful man card Cheryl. I always have a hard time with them as well. I like the denim you tied around it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Cheryl, great photo's! Masculine cards take a lot of ingenuity and yours is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this masculine card! The design and colors really are fabulous and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for sharing your son's photo! Looks like you taught him well :) Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT card and how fun to see your missionary! He looks happy and like those teeth are workin' just fine! :).

    My missionary leaves next month! Such mixed emotions...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Cheryl .. love the picture of your handsome boy ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute that certainly is a mans card, great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have sons and I know what you mean...if your son is ok you are ok. And that goes for every mother, no matter if you have a son or a daughter.
    Your card is lovely; great colors! Your moose is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card and love the pics !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card and the sentiment is oh soooo cute! And look at that handson young man you have, I am sure you are so proud of him! Thanks for sharing your creation as well as your pride and job with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love your card cheryl...masculine cards are always tough for me....fun pics too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful card.. I also have trouble with those masculine cards.. The pictures of your son are wonderful.. Thanks for sharing them with us... Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card Cheryl.... Yes Masculine cards are hard... you nail it... and its really nice... xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card cracks me up Cheryl! What handsome boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOF!!!!!! you know i have been thinking about your son b/c we had our dental mishaps around the same time and i was wondering the same thing as you--just how well does "emergency" dentistry in a strange town fit the bill but CLEARLY he is enjoying corn on the cob which is the ultimate teeth-testin' challenge!!!

    (oops...i should have started with how cool your gorgeous card is and how sorry i am to have somehow entirely *MOOSED* a whole week at CCCB!!!! but seriously, i was thinking about the teeth thing just the other day!!!) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete